Our commitment to privacy
Protecting your personal information
Your personal data is protected by General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). You can find the details for the UK Information Commissioner at https://ico.org.uk. As a registered data controller, we are required to take appropriate technical measures to protect your personal information including making a regular backup of our system and data. We have security measures in place to make sure any personal information we collect is secure. Your account is password protected and all information including your password is on a secure server, which only a limited number of employees and sub-contractors can access. All parties with access to your information are subject to confidentiality obligations. If you think someone else knows your password, or is using it, tell us immediately and change your password. You can change your password on the Website. Even though we take appropriate technical steps to protect your security, you should remember that data transmission over the internet cannot always be guaranteed as 100% secure so you use the website at your own risk.
We collect personal data about you when you subscribe. At registration, we may ask you for sensitive personal data and for your consent to use it for a specific purpose. If you do not wish to provide this information, you may select the Not Known/Not Provided or Prefer not to say option.
Purposes and Disclosures
We use your personal information to deal with your queries, to provide you with the services you request, customer feedback and for general statistics and research.
You can request that:
- your details not be used for marketing purposes;
- we provide you with a copy of the information we hold about you (we may charge you a small fee);
- we correct inaccuracies in your information.
The information we collect
When you register with us, you (or the person registering for you) must tell us:
- your full name
- email address
- your date of birth (security question)
- in which region you are based
- where you heard about us.
Following registration via the Website, we may request additional personal data from you in order to further support your learning. You do not have to provide this information, but if you do not, you may not get the most out of your learning.
You may also provide personal data through:
- calls to our helplines;
- letters and e-mails;
- customer feedback forms.
How we use the information we collect
We use your personal information:
- to answer your queries or complaints;
- to deliver our online services, for example any Courses that you have access to
- to provide Course Materials;
- to carry out administration;
- to seek your opinion of the Course and Website
- for general statistics and research;
- for obtaining any relevant professional advice;
- as may be required by law or in connection with legal proceedings (including where we intend to take legal proceedings), or as may be necessary to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Paying for a Course online
When you pay for a Course online, you will be asked for:
details of a credit or debit card;
an e-mail address; and
a telephone number
These details are collected by PayPal over a secure link. We do not collect them and they are not made available to us. Wewill use the personal information youprovidetoprocessyouronlinepaymentandtorefundanymoniesduetoyouifyoucancel your subscription in line with the terms and conditions on this Website. When you make a payment online, we will use industry standard software, which encrypts your information.
Requests for information
If you have not registered on the Website but are simply making an enquiry or request for information, we will use your personal information to reply to your enquiry or request. We will not use this information for marketing purposes without your permission or unless you invite us to do so.
Keeping your personal data
We keep personal data:
- for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for;
- as required by law; or
- to enforce or defend legal claims.
You have the right to:
- ask for a copy of all the information we hold about you (we will charge you a small fee for this) and to correct any inaccuracies. To obtain a copy of this information, please ring us on +44 (0) 7775 602749 or email us at email@example.com
- challenge the accuracy of data held about you. You can amend your details please ring us on +44 (0) 7775 602749 or email us to request a change
- take steps to prevent your personal data being processed if the processing is likely to cause you substantial damage or substantial distress which is unjustified. If you want to exercise this right you must put your objection in writing by emailing us, specifying why the processing has this effect and state what you require to do to avoid causing damage or distress.
How to contact us
To obtain a copy of your personal data, to correct inaccuracies or if you have any queries or concerns about how we handle your personal data, please contact:
Phone Number: +44 (0) 7775 602749
This policy has been approved & authorised by:
Name: Kit Jackson
Position: Managing Partner
Review of Policy: 24th August 2020